Friday, October 14, 2016

The evolving garden

As with all things, preferences and focus change over time.  When I first started doing 'extreme sport' gardening, I focused on plants and design, color and contrast, embracing native and adaptive plants for Texas.    As time went on, I became more and more excited and attracted to garden art.  I've added several pieces of garden art - and boy do I have plans for more! 


 These signs welcome you to my garden.   These are to the left of my entry gate.    Cannot describe my persona any better! 



These are some gutter planters I made along with a tile mural.  All outdoor friendly!   I love the beautiful combo of yellow/orange and blue.  

I've made a succulent area - named 'LeSucculent Cafe' coined after the Succulent Cafe in Oceanside CA.  A succulent vertical planter, along with colored pieces of wood and two mirrors.    

More succulents.  My planter made from a  wooden pallet, along with several colorful pocket planters. 

How else do you cover an ugly grey house foundation?   Paint on some birds.    I hired a local street artist who paints birds all over the city.   The bird with an attitude 'you're not the boss of me' is in honor of my corgi Maggie.    Really - she thinks she's in charge!  

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love people who aren't afraid to be creative and colorful. The signs and gutter planters appeal to me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone,I’m so excited my husband is back after he left me for another woman. My husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think she use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Wealthy can help get an ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it, then he did a love spell for me. 22hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he missed me so much, Oh My God! I was so happy, and today I am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and I thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Wealthy, he is so powerful and I decided to share my story here. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Wealthy for help now..Here’s his email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
    He also do the following spell
    Pregnancy spell
    Love spell
    Penis enlargement spell
    herpes/hiv
    Winning spell
    His Blog; http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com
    Or his WhatsApp +2348105150446

    ReplyDelete